Pages

Monday, November 10, 2014

Preparing for an Apostle!


Hey friends and fam!
LOVE LOVE LOVE spence's Senior pics and I completely agree with Kyrst. In my mind, spence just started driving and Alex is fourteen. The mudroom is still disorganized and the ward organizations are still all the same, but it will be fun to come home and really believe all the changes. And jake.......PLEASE take it more seriously that you are taking from Dr. Hatch. That's like an opportunity of a life time!
Sooooo....still no pics. I found the last empty memory card that I have and so I think that should work, but I didn't take any new pictures on it this week. I PROMISE I will do better this week because........ELDER CHRISTOFFERSON is coming to our mission on Saturday! We are having a combined meeting with the other two missions in Buenos Aires and guess who is playing the piano for the musical number..........that right. ME! A little scared out of my mind. President had originally asked me to get the choir together and direct everything, but when I saw the piano part, it was a little difficult for someone else to get it together well enough with such little time so I told him I'd play instead and he got someone else to direct the small choir. It really is such a blessing to be serving in the capital of the country because we have so many awesome opportunities to hear from apostles and other general authorities while they are passing on to other areas.
As for this week, we had transfers and....big surprise, I am staying in Aldo Bonzi! I have mixed feelings about that. Bonzi has been one of the biggest trials of my mission, but step by step I have come to love it. It hasn't been all sunshine and roses, but I have learned a WHOLE TON and I am super excited to get to finish up the training of my comp. She is just the greatest! We also have a little joke that we are in the 'isolation zone' like the isolation cabin from parent trap because due to some crazy circumstances, we are the only sisters in the zone. The closest zone to us also has all Elders and they are the ones we always have combined activities with so its been super funny to be the only sisters everywhere we go. Its also fun to still be training. I get a good laugh out of the fact that living in Argentina is just normal life for me now and I forgot how much of a change it really was until Hna McDougal got here. It's funny when she still gets embarrased when the creepy guys on the corner start cat calling, or that it still grosses her out to see the when the big trucks pull up to the butcher shop and start unloading the skinned and beheaded bleeding cow carcasses. I just looked at her, smiled and said, "Welcome to Argentina!!!!!!" She loves every second though.I do too.
Our teaching pool is slowly getting bigger. We are still teahing Norberto, our friend from the kiosk on the corner. He has slowly progressed from not believing in God or anything like that to reading the Book of Mormon and coming to church. He still won't pray though and we have tried like EVERYTHING we know. Please pray that he will pray. We are also teaching an awesome inactive family and working on baptizing their daughter next week! They are amazing and have read the whole Book of Mormon and Jesus the Christ, but inactivated because of work and other little things. They have now come to church with us two weeks in a row and Rocio (the daughter) is in love with the primary and the idea of getting baptized. We also found this other great guy named Andres this week. He is like the Argentine version of Grandpa Millett. Like seriously, sometimes I think I am talking with Grandpa and then I realize we are speaking spanish and this guys is talking about his baptism in the Catholic church, but he came to church this Sunday after only having two lessons. (Which is a HUGE miracle here.) so if all goes well he will be baptized the 29th! Keep him in your prayers as well!
Anyway, thats all for today! Love you lots!
Hermana Millett
Oh and Katie Ballentyne! Thanks for the letters! Made my whole week!

No comments:

Post a Comment