Hi family!
This is the note from Mal's mission president's wife that she received
First of all, I heard from
Hermana Tellez who has been out in Junin that I have a little fan club
reading my blog every monday even if it is in English.
Sooo:
Hola
mis amigos de Junin (y villa Madero si hay personas leeyendo)! Me
contaron que hay algunos de ustedes leeyendo mi blog cada vez en cuando!
Les amo con todo mi corazon y espero que todo esté bien con todo que
hacen en sus vidas! Sigan fieles en el Evangelio siempre!
con amor...
Hermana Millett
Well
mom, I laughed out loud here in the ciber when you told the kids that
we are going to Nebraska (family is going on a surprise vacation and not
telling where until Christmas). Keep telling them that. It will be fun
to hear about the surprise! Also, if you haven't already put something
on my facebook yet telling all my friends and family members to write me
a letter for Christmas because we don't get packages I would love it if
you could do that! You can mention that its easier and free through
DearElder and maybe put how to do that there as well. It takes some
time for them to get here so it would be good if people were sending off
letters now.
The culture event activity sounds so cool!!! I wish I could have seen it, but I'm glad I was kind of there in a way!
Yes, it is suuuper hot already. Its taking some getting used to again, but I'll get over that really fast.
Well.......we
heard from Elder Christofferson!!!! Oh my gosh what an amazing
experience. Dad already said he read the note from my mission
president's wife that almost made me cry, and I'll forward it to you
after this, but it was pretty amazing. First of all, I mentioned that I
was playing for the choir and so we got to sit right up front. I was
sitting second row almost dead center, but slightly to one side just
enough so that I was sitting right in front of Elder Christofferson for
the whole meeting. The musical number was the first thing that took
place and my hands were shaking all through the introduction. I normally
don't get nervous to accompany a choir because almost no one pays
attention to the accompanist, but this was different. Once the choir
started singing, I calmed down and it went really well. When the number
was finished, I followed the choir off the stand and I had to pass right
by Elder Christofferson. Right as I was passing by, he stopped me,
shook my hand, and said, "Thank you Hermana!" I sat down completely in a
daze. I wish I could show you my notes after that because my hands were
shaking so bad, they aren't even legible. He was the very last speaker,
and even though a while had passed since the choir number, he thanked
me by name in the beginning of his talk. It was super cool. More than
just a cool experience, I felt so much of the love that our Father in
Heaven has for each one of us individually and personally. So awesome!
Anyway,
his talk was really good too. He talked a lot about how the whole
gospel is related to repentance and the atonement. Then, his talk
basically just turned into a question and answer session. In the end he
made a really amazing and powerful apostolic blessing upon our mission. I
wrote everything he promised down, but I don't remember much. The
biggest thing was that he blessed us that we would each experience
feeling the love Heavenly Father has for us personally in a way more
powerful and personal than we have ever felt in our lives. That was a
pretty cool promise. He mentioned that he had thought for a long time
that what we are waiting to happen before Christ can come is for the
world to reach a certain level of wickedness that would make Him have to
come. He said that his wife had taught him otherwise. The world is
already wicked enough. The Lord is just waiting for his people to be
righteous and strong enough in numbers and conversion to be able to come
and live with them for the millennium. He said, " I can't promise you
that His coming will be in your lifetime, because I don't know that.
But.... He comes quickly!"
The spirit was super strong.
That was basically the highlight of my week! I'll try to see if the pictures will send!
Love you all!
Hermana Millett
Querida Hermana!
Thank you so much for you support with the choir and for your great
ideas and talents! Elder Christofferson spent half of the song watching
you play! As I watched him watch you, the thought came to me that he
was admiring more than your ability to play
well. I am confident he could feel of your goodness and tell what an
accomplished, beautiful and virtuous woman you are. We are so proud of you!
Lots of love,
Hermana Robertson (and President) :)
No comments:
Post a Comment