Hi family!
Sorry
this is a little later than normal. Also, I can't get my pictures to
work on the office computers so I'll send them to you next week......or
when I see you. That would be weird. Well I think I am going to break
things down day by day because there is ALOT to say this week.
Monday:
Hermana Gull and I came to the offices to write you guys and to work.
Thats when I heard I could get the endoscopy here in Argentina. We went
to the doctors but it was closed by the time we got there. I was already
starting to think of my options and consider coming home as an option
along with a lot of other things.
Tuesday: We
went to the temple for the first time in a year! It was absolutely
gorgeous!!!! I got to see one of the newer videos and I loved it, and
the best part was seeing everyone together in the Celestial Room. I just
LOOOOVE the temple and it just feels sooo amazing to be inside it.
While there I was praying a lot about my options and about what I was
going to do. I just felt really strongly that Heavenly Father was happy
with the mission I have served and that He would be ok with whatever me
and President decided to do. I kind of wanted to see if President could
use me as a permanent companion to Hermana Gull (who has the hurt foot)
because she has been working as the mission nurse and its been hard to
figure out companionship stuff. After the temple, the senior couple here
asked us to stay and help them get food ready for the upcoming
leadership meeting. We cut up a TON of watermelon and bread and talked
about our different temple experiences. I then went to the doctor to see
if I could get an appointment for an endoscopy. The doctor was less
than helpful and basically just told me to keep eating on my diet and to
try a different pain pill. I told Hermana Robertson that I didn't want
to try any more pain pills (sick of people giving me different medicine)
and so I could just wait until I get home to do the endoscopy. That
night, President called me into his office. He didn't waste any time and
straight out asked me how I would feel going home with an honorable
release. I was a little shocked, but after my experience in the temple, I
felt good about it. I asked him if I would be useful to him as a
permanent companion to Hermana Gull/ office help, and he broke the news
that he was just about to pull Hermana Gull in to give her the same
news. After talking about it some more, we both felt in peace about the
decision. He told me he would pray about it and get back to me the next
day. He then told Hermana Gull the same. We got home and told our other
companions. They were a little sad, but also a little releaved that we
were going to get things figured out. Being a quartet is a litte
stressful at times. It was soo hot that night we decided to have a sleep
over in the kitchen because the tile floor was cooler than the top bunk
and we could all share the fan that way. It was super fun! I love my
companions!
Wednesday: In the morning it rained
and we all took turns sticking our heads out the window to feel the
rain and the wind! Its the best when it rains here after a super hot
day!!! After the other sisters went out to work, me and Hermana Gull got
to talking about everything that this would entail! We were dying to
hear back from President to know if it was 100 percent. And...the call
came! He said it was for sure and he was going to call our parents. When
he called back Hna Robertson made the suggestion of taking and
antibiotic and I thought, "why not? If that's all it takes to get better
I'm game!" And we started on that.
Thursday: Bad stomach day. I was inside all day. Mostly asleep.
Friday:
We got to go to Hermana Robertson's house to work on some things!
President was out in campo and her kids are on summer break and she
wanted to get to hang out with them as well, so we took a taxi out to
her house! It was super fun. I worked with Hermana Alldredge (the
senior sister in the mission) on picking out recipies for a new mission
cook book! Hermana Gull and Hermana Robertson worked on health stuff and
Hermana Robertson made us lunch in between. I saw carpet for the first
time in over a year!
Saturday: We worked in the
offices. We started to notice that our companions were getting a little
lax on the rules when we weren't around because they are both so new to
the mission and being in a strange health quartet is a little taxing.
Hermana Robertson gave me a call and asked me to have a little obedience
chat with them. I was super nervous, because that is just NOT my
personality to have to be bold and correct people, but I did it and it
went well.
Sunday: The sister with migranes
twisted her ankle. Hermana Robertson asked if I could go out to work. I
decided to try. We went out about two hours and then I had to come back
in. Walking a lot just doesn't go well with my stomach. Also, we
decided the antibiotic wasn't working so we were going to try the
paracyte pill as our last result.
Today: We
came to the offices to work again and then the Alldredge's were nice
enough to take us out souveneir shopping. (Hermana Gull goes home
tomorrow or Wednesday) I have Kyrst and Becca's present now. That
DOESN'T mean its a 100 percent sure thing, (I still have hope for the
bug bomb) but it would be good to get some things just in case.
So
I guess to end, I start the bug bomb paracyte pill thing tomorrow. Its a
three day process and it might take a day or two after that to know if
it is working, but if it doesn't work, I'll probably be seeing you all
soon. I feel really good about whatever happens. If I get to stay, I'll
be happy. If I go home, I'm alright with that too.
LOVE YOU ALL
Hermana Millett
No comments:
Post a Comment