Hi family!!!!!
It was so good talking to all of you on Christmas! Let me
tell you, I am sooooooo greatful for our family, and the
church, and that the call was a happy call because after I
hung up with you I had to watch my cute Chilean companion do
her call with her family. She is the only member in her family
and her grandpa that raised her was diagnosed with cancer
recently. Basically the whole call they tried to convince her
to come home from her mission and she just cried and bore her
testimony over and over. Prayers for her and her family!
Also, BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO SENT ME LETTERS! I
looooved hearing from Sister Brownell, the Releif Society,
Shaundra, Alyssa, the fam, and everyone else who sent me
emails.
Sooooo, stomach issues. Well this week was pretty tough on
the stomach. I was inside almost all week. Hermana Gonzalez
also had a mirgrane attack on Christmas where she was throwing
up all day and just about passed out so we were inside all
day. It was really great to have letters to read and other
things to keep me entertained. The situation keeps changing
every day. I just wrote my letter to President about the week
telling him about how I don't feel like I am doing much for my
area and I don't want to be a burden to anyone. I thought that
maybe I could just be the permanent companion to Hermana Gull
who has foot problems and I could help her out with the work
she does in the offices or something like that. We will see
what he says. I thought we would have interviews this next
week, but it looks like we don't so I might snag President
while I'm here in the offices writing to figure out what we
do.
I also just heard like two seconds ago that Hermana
Robertson got permission from the mission doctor to do the
endoscopy here in Argentina. We have to find out some
information still (like if they are going to schedule me for
one in like a month and a half like what happened with the
ultrasound, or if its even a good idea to do it here, we
really have no clue. ) But I am in good hands and we are going
to get everything figured out!
There isn't too much more to say about the week. I don't
have any pictures to send. We have one awesome investigator
who is progressing towards baptism! He was supposed to be
scheduled for this Saturday, but on Christmas eve he did a
toast and drank a swallow of alcohol and so we had to move it
to the seventeenth to help him understand that it really is
important to not drink EVEN A LITTLE bit of alcohol. New Years
Eve will be the real test. Prayers for him as well! His name
is Enrique. I also keep hearing good news from Junin! Me and
Hermana Meneses found this awesome mom and her 24 year old
daughter towards the end of our time in Junin. They went to
church every week with us and have a really strong testimony,
but couldn't get baptized because they both are living with
people that they aren't married to. The mom wanted to get
married, but she wasn't divorced from her ex and he wouldn't
sign the permission form, so they kept on going to church not
knowing if things would change one day, but praying they
would. We just heard that they are changing the laws in
Argentina so that someone who has been seperated a long time
can get divorced with out the permission of the other person,
so come January it looks like she will be able to be
baptized!!!! I was suuuuper happy.
Things are tough, but the mission is the greatest! Its a
new adventure every day and we will figure out what is
happening with my stomach really soon!
I love you all and hope you have a happy new year!!
Hermana Millett
No comments:
Post a Comment