Lots to say and no clue where to
start. So....I was transferred!! I'll get to all that in a second. KYRST!
You should totally extend and we can go home at the exact same time!
That would be super cool. Maybe Mom and Dad don't think so. But if you
don't esta bien conmigo. I'll need someone who's already been through
the whole getting used to real life process to help me. HAPPY ONE
YEAR!!! Oh, also Elder (Bryson) Wiggins says hi! He is in my zone and he
saw a picture of the family and was like, " NO WAY you know KYRSTIN!"
And I was like, "Uh...ya. She's my sister." Small world.
Sooo, my life. The transfer call came last tuesday.
We were dying of nerves all day. I think I already told you that they
call us at 10:30 Tuesday night and we have to be in the offices at 8 am
Wednesday morning with our luggage. Ya. NOOOO time. But its all good.
Well Tuesday both my companion and I were almost throwing up with nerves
because really, the day of transfers is like getting your mission call
nerves all over again. I thought for sure we would be staying together
because we only had one transfer together and, lets be honest, I have no
clue how to be a leader without my Chilena! When the Elders said,
"Hermana Sanchez.......will need to be at the offices early because she
is training and.......Hermana Millett is leaving with her suitcases!" I
screamed "WHAT!?!?!?" so loud that I think I scared the zone leaders.
oops. I packed my bags in record timing because I had just finished
unpacking a couple weeks ago. After the initial shock, I was pretty
excited at the possibilites of where I could be going. I loved Madero,
but I didn't really have time to settle in there to much so it wasn't to
hard to leave. Hermana Sanchez was pretty sad. Her English is almost
nonexistant and she was super nervous to be training a greenie straight
from the MTC, but I knew she would be fantastic.
The day of the meeting was super fun. President
changed up just about every companionship so I got to talk to all my
companions and hear about my old areas. I was super happy to hear that
my convert Alicia (the one that I left two days before her baptism) had
been to the temple to do baptisms and that her 13 year old son was
baptized. Also, the woman that we miraculously got her divorce papers
finally gets married this month. Hermana Cortes has her baby this week
so keep an eye out on my facebook mom! (Vanessa Cortes) At one point,
all of us missionaries that had been in Junin together were standing
together and we got to talk to Pres. Cortes on the phone for a second.
Junin is still my favorite area thus far. During the meeting, I sat next
to one of the sisters from my zone who's companion was finishing the
mission. We thought, wouldn't it be funny if president had just moved me
across the street to be her companion and.......sure enough, that's
what happened! I'm still in the zone of Aldo Bonzi, and now I am in the
area called Aldo Bonzi as well! The shocking thing was that I totally
expected to be put with another Sister Training Leader with lots of
experience like Hermana Sanchez because I'm still a newbie at this whole
STL thing, but NOPE! I'm training Hermana Tellez in how to be STL while
figuring it out myself. Talk about stress.
The craziest thing is that I got to talking with
Hermana Sanchez's greenie and GUESS WHAT! She's from Lindon. Her name is
Hermana Mickleson and I guess she is Todd and Jenifer's neighbor. So,
she totally stole my area and I told her all about Madero and all of my
investigators that she has to baptize. Because they are in my zone, I am
her STL and I will get to do divisions with her and I still get to see
Hermana Sanchez every week in district meetings. Its also crazy because
Bonzi is so close to Madero that I run into my old investigators and
members on the buses or trains sometimes. Its like a clash of different
worlds. So funny.
Well, about the new area and comp. My companion is
Hermana Tellez from Colombia! We got here at the same time and we are
SUPER excited to be companions. I remember sitting next to her on the
bus on my first day in Argentina and she was nice enough to try to talk
to me even though my spanish was non-existant. Aldo Bonzi is super
awesome too, although the apartment is......a little less awesome. When I
saw my dresser I just about cried. After staring at it for a few
minutes I was like....Nope this is NOT going down, and I called the
offices. We have new dressers coming in next week and until then I am
living out of my suitcases. Also, because the apartment is super old and
the other sister was preparing to go home, the apartment is pretty
dirty. This morning, I was super greatful for those pre-education week
cleaning weeks where we spent all day deep cleaning the house because
that's what I started doing with our apartment. I finished the kitchen
cabinets this morning and I'm moving on to the oven/stove later in the
afternoon.
So that's about it for today! My area is basically
build around a giant Walmart/mall thing and that is where I am writing
you from. The internet cafe is literally in the middle of Walmart. Hope
you are all doing great!
Love you!
Hermana Millett
Pictures:
Pictures:
1. Me and my new companion Hermana Tellez!
2.
My dresser. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it. I definitely
called the offices the day I arrived and they are bringing me a new one!
3.
How I'm living until the new dresser arrives. (They told us it would
come this morning, but really the Elders just came to see if it was
really as bad as I said it was. It was. I have to wait a whole week for
the new one.)



No comments:
Post a Comment