Pages

Monday, August 11, 2014

Lucas's Baptism

Hello family!

How's it going? I loved seeing all the Cedar City photos! I am so glad you all had such a great time. Yes, I missed it, but I thought to myself that if I could get through this week, every other week will be fantastic. And it wasn't so bad! The boys are all looking so Old! Also I love the bathroom! The blue is pretty.

KATIE...congrats girl! Its so funny that we all got called as sister training leaders almost at the same time. It's like we are living the same experiences in three different parts of the world. Crazy how that works. 

Kyrst, every time you write I'm like, yup, that's whats happening to me too. Like really, I went to the temple this week too and you pretty much described how I felt!

Well, I'm going to break down my week for you a little. Basically this week consisted of sickness, and our investigator Lucas.

Monday - I tried to sleep to get over my sickness. In the afternoon we had a fabulous family home evening with Lucas in the house of some awesome members where we watched the video of the life of President Monson. The spirit was super powerful and Lucas was super excited for his baptism.

Tuesday - I felt awful, but we went to our district meeting the same. It was great. In the afternoon, I had to call the President's wife and she put me on an antibiotic and sent me to bed. I slept all day.

Wednesday - feeling much better we started really working in our area a little stressed because we had missed a day. We had another fabulous family home evening with Lucas in the house of some other awesome members where we watched the video of the man who walked from Alpine to the temple on a wooden leg to fulfill his calling. The lesson was super awesome and basically the members taught everything. Then the ZL's called saying that some of the Hermanas weren't doing so well. We dropped everything and went to their apartment to have an anti stress activity with them and stay the night in their apartment. 

Thursday - We arrived back in our area late in the afternoon after helping the other sisters all day, even more stressed because we STILL hadn't had much time to work in our area. We finished out the night well. 

Friday - we went to the temple in the morning, I taught a family history class to Lucas and our recent convert Neli. They were super excited and Lucas even told me Saturday before his baptism that he had got all the information from his parents about his grandparents so that he could be baptized for them after his own baptism. We took a little tour around the temple and spent some time pondering in the giant gorgeous waiting room. I felt basically how Kyrstin had felt. It was like being at home in a far away country. This gospel is just so true and just entering the temple helps you feel that we really are children of God with a great purpose! After the temple, my companion was feeling pretty sick so we spent the rest of the day inside with her sleeping. It was a battle to get her to sleep. She basically associates being sick with being weak and disobedient so I basically had to force her to get in bed and rest or she wasn't going to get better. 

Saturday - my companion was still sick but she absolutely refused to rest so we went out to work the same. She was miserable the whole time, but she wouldn't listen to me that she needed to call the Presidents wife and rest. Those Chileans are a little hard headed. We had everything well prepared for the baptism and it turned out gorgeous! Lucas's family came and we will be starting teaching them this week. I am POSITIVE this kid is going to be a missionary in one year. 

Sunday - after church we taught our investigator L***. I am a little frustrated with him. He knows the church is true, has finished ALL of the lessons, and is attending every week, but he is still resisting being baptized. He says he likes to do things in his own way and he needs more time. We had a VERY powerful lesson with him where we talked about how sometimes God lets bad things happen to good people so that we will be humble because when we are humble, we listen to him and he can help us. He has had sooo many hard things happen to him because of his health and has been humbled a lot. When we first found Luis and Beatriz (Beatriz has already been baptized) Luis was SUUUPER prideful and wouldn't even greet us at the door, he has changed so incredibly much and just has to realize that Heavenly Father is inviting him to have a better life by being Baptized!!! I need you all to be praying for him a ton. He just needs to feel that it is his time if it really is his time! I basically taught the whole lesson because my companion was feeling so miserable. After the lesson I called the zone leaders and the mission presidents wife on her and they sent her to bed with an antibiotic. I did it out of love because she is sooo focused on the work that sometime she doesn't know where to slow down and take care of herself! 

Anyway so that was my week! Lots of time in the apartment recovering. Lets hope we have more time to go out and find new people this week!

Love you tons!

Hermana Millett






P.S. transfers are this week! I'm almost positive I'm staying, but my comp keeps saying she feels like she is leaving. I will tell you all next week!

Pictures:
1. The Elders that we share the chapel with stole my camera for a while. I was super worried.

2. We did what we are calling a "Bonzi Blitz" this week which is basically like a sleepover division. The sisters were struggling a bit and one of the sisters goes home this week ,so we went to their apartment to eat ice cream, do an anti-stress activity, and learn how to plan more efficiently. 

3.  Another Family history photo! We went to the temple with our investigator-turned-recent-convert Lucas, and our Recent convert Neli, I taught them family history in the family history center and they are super excited to get started!

4.   The view from my favorite part of Madero. Usually we work in those towers in the background, but sometimes we have to cross the rodeo grounds and it reminds me of my time in campo!

5.   Me teaching family history at the family  history center in the temple!

No comments:

Post a Comment