First of all, love the pics of trek!
Looks so fun. Kyrstin. Everything you write is like exactly what I am
feeling and thinking and experiencing so we are on the same page even
though we are far away. Love the blanket pants, everyone here is wearing
them too!
So, this week started out pretty interesting. I
wrote about last week how I was a little frustrated that we weren't
finding the people who could actually progress and who were waiting and
praying for something like this in their life....well we saw some of
those miracles this week! We also did splits with some of the sisters
that have been struggling the most in the zone. It was a little bit of a
nightmare. When my comp got back I wanted to cry I was so grateful for
her. Basically I learned that pride stops your progressing because
nobody can teach a prideful person no matter how hard you try. They
first have to recognize their pride and be humble so that they can
continue learning and changing. SO everyone be humble! We are just
going to leave it at that.
First of all, Monday night, we had a lesson with a
woman who is Evangelico (don't ask me how to say that in English). That
basically means she knows the bible well, and her pastor was probably
going to tell her bad things about us because they all do, but she
agreed to listen to us on the condition that we show everything we are
teaching in the bible. I was a little nervous for that, but we entered
the lesson with faith and.....THE SPIRIT IS SOO AWESOME! When she had a
question or concern that she wanted to see the proof of, a scripture
just came into my head, and when I didn't know where the heck it was in
the bible, I just opened right up to the page! My companion told me
afterwards that the same thing had happened to her and we were able to
help the woman to understand the need to pray about the Book of Mormon
to know if these things are true. That only God, and not her pastor, can
tell her what is right. It was so awesome because sometimes these types
of lessons can get heated and you have to be very careful, but the
spirit was so strong that we were able to teach everything very clearly
and powerfully, but in a peaceful and loving way. It was the best. We
left the lesson feeling grateful that God had helped us so much, but
also knowing that we needed to study our bible more so that we could be
prepared the next time. Soo... we did exactly that. I remember that
another sister had given me a little index card that says "17 points of
the true church" and it talks about seventeen different important things
that Christ established in His church that we need to be the true
church today. It also has bible references to everything. Sooo, we
studied our little hearts out.
One morning, I decided to open Preach My Gospel to
the part about the Holy Ghost. I read a lot about the difference between
the light of Christ, the personage of the Holy Ghost, the power of the
HG, and the gift of the Holy Ghost. That day we ran into a lady who was
also very Evangelica. (we could tell by the number of "praise the Lords"
and other weird religious terms she used in the short conversation.) We
weren't sure if anything would come of it, but we made an appointment
and stopped by the next day. Turns out, she has been visiting all the
churches in the area for along time looking for the truth. When she
didn't find anything that seemed to be true, she started a bible study
group with a bunch of friends that felt the same way. The purpose of
their group was to study and pray to be able to find if there really was
a true church here on the earth. When we taught her the Restoration,
she was super excited to go share it with all the people in her group.
But the best part was, at the end of the lesson she said. "Ok, so I
believe in what you have said, but I just have ONE question that I have
studied forever and can't really figure out. What is the function of the
Holy Ghost?" I was floored. I had JUST studied that in the morning! We
were able to answer her questions and I KNEW that God always has a plan
for everything we do! We just need to trust in him and everything will
turn out ok.
Love you lots!
Hermana Millett
I stole some pics from my comp this week.
- President Robertson and his wife in the Leadership meeting where we gave them ties and bracelets
- Me and my comp at the temple this weekend! I let her borrow my dress.
- At the
temple with an older couple we are working with! Beatriz is a recent
convert of the Hermanas here and we are working with her husband Luis
who will hopefully be baptized in August!
-Sitting at the temple with Lucas and Alejandra. Lucas is a 21 year
boy that we are working with. He has a lot of problems with his family
and could use some prayers. Alejandra is an investigator of the enders
that we were helping.
- Me and my comp at the chapel a sunny sunday morning!
- Another temple pic
- One of the recent converts of the elders burst a vein in his leg or
something and bled all over the waiting room of the temple and the
grounds outside. We took a picture of the Elders cleaning up the mess.







No comments:
Post a Comment