First of all, love the color of the
banisters and the door! It will be cool to see everything re done in
nine and a half months! I am also SOOO happy that your are doing the
family videos! Did you watch the one with Alex making the ginger bread
house? I remember watching that one before and I died laughing but
then I could never find it again. Yes I am coming up on my hump day! No
we don't take pictures like Kyrst's pic. Our president would probably kill
us. He has lots of tiny little rules that he is really strict about.
They are really great, but you have to stay on your toes to be keeping
all of them. One is that we cant even make silly faces in pictures. As
long as we are wearing the tag, we are representatives of Christ and we
have to look like it in our photos. So....yup. No hump pic. I'll think
of something else creative.
Also mom, I got a HUGE stack of DearElders today so
yes, I am still getting them. However, you sent a bunch of them to my
mission with Kyrstin's name. Its already confusing enough with letters
that we have TWO Hermana Millett's here and when you throw in a third
name the offices go crazy trying to figure out whose the letters are.
Haha.
So, not to much to say about this week. We have
transfers again in just two weeks because President wants to have all
the transfers finished before the new president gets here so that he
doesn't have to do it first thing as a new President. Weird! We are
getting a new President! I have to wait to hear from Kyrst for a whole
week because she always sends her letters after me on Monday! Argh.
Anyway, this week was a little tough again. We had
some FANTASTIC lessons and found awesome people and got them all excited
to come to church. Sunday rolled around and none of them showed. It
just drives me nuts when people don't come to church. Its like HEY you
need help to stop smoking? COME TO CHURCH! You recently lost a family
member and need to feel a little comfort? COME TO CHURCH! You want to
change your life and repent of your sins by being baptized? COME TO
CHURCH to get prepared. If the people don't come to church, they cant be
baptized and they cant go to the Celestial Kingdom. Its as simple as
that. So please pray that our investigators can get over their personal
challenges and come to church.
One cool experience, we teach the restoration where
we talk about prophets and the ministry of Christ and then Joseph Smith
a lot. The message of the Restoration is amazing! Its something awe
inspiring and humbling to know that God loves us enough to send us
modern day and ancient prophets. Sometimes when I teach the lesson I am
so excited about everything and the investigator just doesn't understand
how fabulous it really is. This week, there was one particular day that
we taught the complete restoration two different times. The first
woman, Marta, was very skeptical. She was a little prideful about her
knowledge of the bible and didn't want to believe in Joseph Smith because
his name wasn't in the bible like the twelve apostles. We talked about
the way to know if a prophet is a true prophet is to follow the council
of Matthew in chapter 7 and look at their fruits. We gave her a Book of
Mormon and she agreed to do the test to see if its true. We will see
this week what happens, but I left a little sad that sometimes the
people don't just see how awesome this is right off the bat! Then in the
night time, we taught the same lessons to a young 23 year old mother.
Her three kids were sleeping so we thought is was the perfect time to
teach it. She doesn't have a lot of religious background, but she had
something KEY that Marta didn't have. Humility and a desire to look for
and find the truth. As we taught, something changed in her eyes. As we
moved from principle to principle, understanding hit her and she got
really excited. By the end of the lesson, the spirit was SO STRONG
and she just quietly said to herself, "So...this is the true church.
This is the true church!" Of course we told her she had to read the Book
of Mormon and ask about it, but in the end she was asking about the
clothes she needed to bring to her baptism. She still has a long way to
go. (For example she has to COME TO CHURCH) but its great to see the
difference that this message makes in someones life. I have ALWAYS known
the message of restoration is true, but I love seeing when the
spirit we expect to be there really does testify to someones heart about
the truthfulness of these things.
Love you tons!
Hermana Millett
Explanation of Pictures:
Explanation of Pictures:
Luis and his dad made us a real Argentine Asado for lunch on
Sunday. My comp had to get a pic with the meat. How does it look? Yes,
when they do Asado here its almost like they eat the whole cow. The
person making the Asado stays at the grill cooking during the entire
meal and brings out different cuts of meat as the meal goes on. They
kept trying to teach me what the names of everything is but it was all
steak to me.
I still love my bike! Her name is Black Scar because in summer time when I didn't wear tights I had scars all over my legs from a sharp piece of metal sticking out. We got that fixed pretty fast!
Just before we heard about transfers, every missionary had to make their guess of who in the district was staying and going. The names in the bus are those who were guessed and the number of talies is the number of times somone guessed that they were leaving. You will note I have lots of tallies, but I STAYED! The next picture were the actual results.
I still love my bike! Her name is Black Scar because in summer time when I didn't wear tights I had scars all over my legs from a sharp piece of metal sticking out. We got that fixed pretty fast!
Just before we heard about transfers, every missionary had to make their guess of who in the district was staying and going. The names in the bus are those who were guessed and the number of talies is the number of times somone guessed that they were leaving. You will note I have lots of tallies, but I STAYED! The next picture were the actual results.







No comments:
Post a Comment