So great to see pictures of the Laurel retreat! I am so
happy that the bunny bunny tradition has been continued to this day. I'd
like to think I've left some sort of mark on the Lindon 13th ward young
women. However, its so weird to see that these girls are Laurels now!
They will forever be my first years and new beehives. Carli, take
advantage of every moment you are going to have with this ward! Its the
best ward in the entire world and I speak from experience. haha.
Kyrst, so I was dumb and I didn't write down the
information of the reference last week, but we remembered the house and
passed by. Sister Gatti was home, but she said that they were just about
to leave for work so we set up a return appointment for yesterday, but
when we passed by nobody was home. I am going to write down the number
and call them this week and use the name of your friend so that they
know where the reference came from!
Well, this week was......interesting. We started out
the week on fire! We have so many great investigators and all of them
were progressing so great and then in one day everything just crashed
and burned. We stopped by the house of Fabian for our lesson and Luis
told us that the police came by to pick him up that morning for
something he did over a year ago and he has one year in a prison outside
of Junin. Silvia, the one who can now get married because we got her
divorce paper, arrived from Cordoba, but was close to suicide because of
relational problems with her boyfriend and because all her kids are on
drugs and dont obey her. We found a fabulous new married old couple, but
the wife has Parkinsons disease and cant leave the house. And....ya. I
think Heavenly Father was just giving us a little bit of a reminder that
we cant do this all on our own. After having been in an area for a good
amount of time, and with enough time in the mission to be comfortable
with the mission and culture, I think I just got used to how everything
works and I lost that constant and ever present need to be 100 percent
reliant on Heavenly Father in the work. So this week was a good reminder
and I will be doing MUCH better at that this week.
Well, I am short on time, but I just HAD to include a
funny story this week. We went to an appointment that we had and the
person wasnt there so we decided to start talking to a man who was
sitting outside close by. After we had introduced ourselves and had been
talking about religion for a bit, he said, "Ya, I don't believe in God,
but I accept and talk with people from all religions. Except the Mormons.
I send the momons running with their tails between their legs!" We were
a little shocked. "Oh ya? Whys that?" He went on and on about how they
were crazy and other dumb stuff that you always hear. Silvia, our
convert, had accompanied us to the lesson. She looked at me and said,
"Well that's that!" and turned to leave. I grabbed her by the shoulder
and gave her a look that told her to hang on a bit. We were going to
ride this one out. We kept talking and it became obvious that despite
our introductions, he had no idea that he was talking to two mormons. He
let us enter the house and we started a lesson about faith and how we
can develop it and he was gung ho about everything but kept putting in a
comment here and there about those darn mormons. My companion stopped
and said, "And how would you identify a mormon if you saw one?" He said,
"Well that's easy. They come dressed all in white! White pants, white
shoes, everything!" "Huh....interesting!" Before the end of the lesson he
found out that he was a little mistaken. Haha!
Anyway, love you all! I am going to try to send a few pictures before time runs out.


No comments:
Post a Comment