Pages

Monday, June 23, 2014

Scared to Death1

OOOOK, so I have a million things to write about and I have no clue where to start!  First of all, Alex, when did you get so tall? And WOAH! Girls camp shut down because of the hippies? Goes to show that ANYTHING really can happen. 
Well, as you probably know because of the blog, I WAS TRANSFERRED! Lets be real, I had been feeling it coming for a little while, but the day before I started to try to convince myself that I might get to stay one more transfer in Junin. The call came at eight at night (the elders were being nice and gave us a little extra time to pack) and when I found out I was leaving, we followed tradition and instantly went to the house of the Cortes family. I cried a lot and we took a picture that I am not going to send you because we all look horrible (but really HORRIBLE) and I know that there are people from Junin looking at the pictures on my blog even if they can't understand the text. I made some more phone calls, cried some more, wrote some letters, cried some more. yada yada. My companion was like, " Wow sister! If this is what its like at the end of Junin, I can't imagine what the end of the mission is going to be like for you!" Ya....We'll see!  

At one in the morning, I finished packing and cleaning and we decided to sleep for one hour in order to get up at two, shower, get pretty for the meeting, and catch our bus at 3:30. However, by some miracle we woke up at 3:15 after the alarm didn't go off and threw everything in a taxi without even brushing our hair. So...don't judge all the greasy hair photos from the transfer meeting. It was a miracle that we even got there! At the meeting we had a little time to talk amongst ourselves outside. The office secretaries were raffling off food storage from the states. I won the premium. (Peanut Butter!) As I was talking with everyone, I kept asking what areas had transfers to get a feel of where I could possibly be going. I talked to Elder Van Liew from my MTC district and he said that one of the sister training leaders from his zone was leaving. I was like, What? Me? Nah, there's no way I'm going to be a sister training leader and I brushed it off without thinking about it. 

When the meeting started, it was lots of tears and hugs. It was presidents last meeting and the new president gets here on Saturday. They started off with the transfers and when I saw my photo on the big screen in the first zone with the words "Sister Training leader" underneath, I just about passed out. WHAT? HOW? ME? As you can imagine, I couldn't even pay attention to the rest of the transfers. My mind was running a million miles per hour. At first I was SCARED TO DEATH like the title says, but then I felt at peace. If the Lord needs me to be a leader, I have no clue what I'm doing, but if I do my best, He will qualify me and help me do what I need to do. So after, the initial shock, I met my new comp. Her name is Hermana Sanchez, and she is from.....SANTIAGO CHILE! but the north mission, so whatevs. I will be sending you a package Kyrst for your super late birthday in December when she goes home! She is the greatest! Another FANTASTIC comp! We then had lunch, (SUBWAY! WOOHOO!) and started a second special meeting to say goodbye to President and Sister Carter. They always make a video of the missionaries who are leaving with President asking them a couple of questions that are always the same. Soo, they made a video of President and Sister Carter answering the same questions with the assistents asking them about their mission. It was super funny and also very spiritual and cute. At the end of the meeting, we had to go up one by one to say goodbye to President and Sister Carter. There wasn't a dry eye in the room. I have never seen so many boys cry, but literally EVERY Elder lost control after hugging President. You can imagine that the sisters were a mess. However, Hermana Sanchez clued me in that we have a special leadership meeting on Friday (Presidents last full day in the country) where we get to say our goodbyes for reals. 

And then, I arrived here in Villa Madero B! Aldo Bonzi is the name of my zone and we happen to be in the zone where the temple is! That means that we get to have lessons in the waiting room of the temple every Saturday starting in July when the temple opens again after mantainance! WOOOOHOOO! I'm super excited and its also been fun to do contacts because everyone has questions about the temple and its easy to get talking about gospel topics from there. My area is a little town built around the train tracks. There are SOOOO many trains and its super funny when we have to pause a lesson because the train passes and makes a house shake so hard it feels like its going to collapse, but everyone here acts like that's normal so I just go with it! It is definitely the city, but not as huge and fast as my first area. We are walking, but it only takes forty minutes to get from one end of the area to the other, so its fine. 

Its definitly different being a sister training leader. We have to be the example in ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING and it requires that I learn the area and get used to things super fast. There are so many things to do that I had no clue the sister training leaders do (cleaning checks, a million meetings every month, splits....etc) We only have two companionships of sisters in my zone, but we are currently the only sisters that even leave the apartment to proselyte so...we have our work cut out for us. Please pray for me and my sisters! I have my first division tomorrow and I am nervous as ever. It has to be a mission changing experience for these girls and I just got here on Wednesday, so I need all the help I can get. 

Love you lots!


Hermana Millett

Explanation of Pictures: 
Packing up Junin! Look how big this bag is that I found! 

The other is my three generation photo. This is my mom and grandmother in the mission on my grandmothers death day.

Everyone was invited to the last transfer meeting with President so I got to take pics with all my old comps! One of them is with my new comp Hermana Sanchez!
 one taken from the blog








No comments:

Post a Comment