Pages

Monday, June 16, 2014

Happy Father's Day!!!

Hey ya'll! I thought I'd mix things up and add a little Texan in there for Katie. 

So, I think its funny that my letters are so different each week depending on what happened each week. Sometimes I'm like its cold, we ate steak, I love Junin, and that's it for the week and other times I have a million experiences to share and I can't get them all down in time. This is one of the weeks with a million cool experiences.

First of all, I have to react to everything I just read. WOAH!!! the house looks AWESOME. Can't wait to see it finished. Kyrst, there is a man in the ward that likes to tell us about everything he sees on tv and hears on the radio. This week he was like, "Hey did you guys hear what's going on in Chile?" I gave him a look like, "Hermano, how in the world would we ever hear what is going on in Chile? We barely even hear about what is going on in ARGENTINA and we live here." He then went on and on about how its is super cold there and it is even snowing in some places and that the cold would be coming for Argentina next so...we'll see!

Dad, HAPPY FATHERS DAY! I LOVE YOU TONS! Thanks for being the greatest example I could ever ask for for a dad. And for the young women, I would just say BE OBEDIENT! We often times think of obedience as some form of servitude to our parents or teachers, but really its so much more than that! We are here on earth with all the freedom in the world to do whatever we want to show our willing obedience. When we receive a blessing, its because we were willingly OBEDIENT to some commandment. Choose to be EXACTLY obedient to every single tiny guideline that the Lord gives us in the strength of youth pamphlet or that our leaders and prophets give us and in doing so, we find true happiness. 

Ok, now to the awesome experiences from this week. Transfers are in two days and the whole mission is invited so...I GET TO GO TO THE OFFICES! Woot! I'm not even that nervous. If I go, it'll be exciting to get to know a new area. If I stay, I love Junin and I'll be so happy. We are already starting to see some fantastic changes with the changes made in our branch. Everyone just has so much energy to get to work! I don't know if it is new to the world, or just our mission, or just our branch, but the missionaries can now serve in callings in the branch. One of the Elders was assigned to be the counselor of President Cortes and the other the ward secretary. I am the ward family history counselor and my job for now is to help every sister in the ward be ready with a family name for the district(stake) temple trip in July. When Pres. Cortes gave me the assignment, I told him. "There is just one problem. Transfers are Wednesday." He gave me a very matter-of-fact look and said, "and you are staying in Junin so why is that a problem?" Haha. We'll see. 

So....Alicia gets baptized this Saturday! It has been amazing to see the difference that one person who has the courage to stand up for their beliefs can make. I know I have mentioned Luis before, but this kid is on fire! This Saturday, the other Hermanas baptized two of his friends that he referred to them. On Saturday, we baptize his next door neighbor. We are working on baptizing his fifteen year old twin sisters in July and his dad is starting to listen to us as well. All because he had the courage to stand alone and share his beliefs with EVERYONE. He as been rejected by lots of friends, but compared to all the people who ARE receiving the gospel because of him, it is worth a little rejection. Alicia came to the baptism Saturday and it was so powerful to see Luis get to baptize his friends. As we waited for them to change, I was playing the primary songs on the piano and I snuck a glance at Alicia only to see that she was crying. She explained later that she could see that Juan and Leandro stepped out of the water different people and just imagining herself being able to take that same step brought her to tears. I hope I will get to be at her baptism!

One other quick story, every third Sunday, the missionaries are in charge of sacrament meeting. We get to give talks to get the members excited about missionary work and this time we were planning to sing the EFY medley with the six of us and Pres. Cortes. We were practicing one day and Luis, his twin sisters, and his friend Juan wanted to join in, so we organized a little choir. At first we were dying of laughter at how bad everyone sounded, but after a little practice it was SUPER POWERFUL. I couldn't help but think that we represented the church in our little group of singers. We had a young father and church leader, an awesome member missionary preparing to be a full time missionary, two newly baptized converts, some youth investigators, and missionaries from all over the world working together to build the kingdom of God. When we sang it in church, the spirit was SO STRONG. But, just to give you a little laugh, Pres. Cortes's three year old daughter sometimes wanders up to the stand to sit on his lap and she happened to wander up just before the musical number and became an honorary member of the choir. Right when we finished singing in that special silent moment when everyone usually feels the spirit the strongest, she said, (loud enough for EVERYONE to hear) "Daddy, I don't like that song!" Talk about reverence killer! We all had a good laugh over that one. Anyway, out of time!

Love you lots!


Hermana Millett

Explanation of Pictures
1. I'm growing my bangs out! Its just two much work to try to keep them short.

2. Luis and his family had the sister missionaries for lunch again this Sunday. We had to get a pic with him, his dog,....and the armadillo. Don't worry, its dead. 

1. This is how they make Asado. YUM
2. Las  4 Hermanas with our investigator Alicia who gets baptized on Saturday!!!

One is a picture that my sister had of Kyrst and Mal and Katie (cousin) right before Kyrst left

One is a picture of a zone meeting that I pulled off the mission blog








No comments:

Post a Comment