Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

My Spot

I knew it was perfect the minute I saw it. It was exactly the thing I had searched and prayed for. A spot to call my own. A place where I could sit in conversation with God as I poured over my worn set of scriptures. I place where I could feel alone enough to let myself forget the countless faces of the world and sit vulnerable. A place of peace. Without the luxury of living close to campus, this spot had to be accessible by the other thousands of students on campus, but private enough to call my own.

I found it.


A small couch tucked between old displays and photographs of church founders. With a view of  the people rushing on below through the glass walls, I feel invisible to the world; A silent watcher; Alone with my scriptures and my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment