(Background Music for this post. It is also a good description of my definition of love)
WARNING: this is not one of those clever cute posts full of jokes and clever writing. Its a bit more...emotional. If you were expecting the opposite, well.....sorry. I'll hopefully have one of those coming sometime soon.
These two are some of my favorite people in the world. They met in their high school choir when he pulled on her hair from the row behind. They fell in love on the dance floor and made this song forever theirs. When he was around her, he lit up like a lightbulb and he had a special twinkle in his eye. Their life long journey has been an example to all of their many children and grandchildren.
When she died, something went out of him. I don't know exactly how to describe it. His back is more hunched, his face more solemn, and I cried when I saw he had cut her picture from the funeral programs and placed them in special places of his house. Although it hurts to think about, one fact comforts me more than anything; Their reunion will be a very special one. The wounds have started to heal. I read the poem he wrote about the Savior's atonement that fills the whole left when we lose a loved one.
Someday, I want a love like theirs. I wan't someone who knows me better than anyone and who can laugh through all the tough times. I wan't someone who can find joy in the small things and treasure the most important memories. I wan't someone who has a strong testimony of the gospel, but most of all, I wan't some who will look at me the way my Grandpa looked at my Grandma.
P.S. See those gold rings on her fingers? He had them fused with her original wedding band to make one ring for himself. It represents their love from the beginning, to the temporary end.

This is beautiful. The man who catches you will be one of the luckiest out there. What an awesome example. The thing he did with the rings is absolutely adorable.
ReplyDelete