Dad - is a computer programer and the new Bishop of our home ward. Its been a challenge for him, but I think he will do a lot of great things for the ward I love so much. He likes to blast his oldies music while he's working at home, he gets really excited about anything new apple has to offer, and he would rather have something fruity than chocolate any day. He served a mission in Brazil and grew up on a farm in Duchesne Utah. He likes back to the future and most action movies. He is the one that first introduced me to Harry Potter, ABBA, and Juice Press smoothies. Basically he is a real softie.
Mom - was a special ed teacher before I was born. She did debate in high school and college and, unlike Dad, chocolate is her weakness. She also loves Jane Austen, Georgette Hyer, and anything book or movie in the genre that we have named 'bonnet movies'. She also likes organized systems and a clean house. All of us kids know that very well. She grew up with five sisters who are her best friends and their daughters are mine. I've been told I look like her except I'm taller and blonder.
So that's my parents. They make a good pair and I'm glad I grew up in such a great home.

No comments:
Post a Comment