Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

My Favorite Things

IF you haven't noticed yet, I like to make lists. They help me organize my thoughts and put all the ideas that are crashing around in my brain on paper and into a readable and more understandable form. Today's list is a compilation of some small and simple things that can brighten my day. I've noticed them more now than ever because being on my own gives me the freedom to spontaneously do some of these things for myself when I am having a bad day.

P.S. for any of you guys out there (the few of you who dare enter the feminine dominated blogging world), SOME of these ideas would make a great date. Notice the caps on SOME. Don't go getting the wrong ideas on a couple of these.

- Eating hot dogs at a sporting event. Watching when it's intense, talking when it isn't.

- Snuggling under my blankets on a rainy day with a cup of hot cocoa and a good book. ( this is one of those don't-go-getting-the-wrong-idea ones)

- Watching a movie late at night with a bag of hot popcorn and a tall glass of orange juice.

- Going to musicals. Take me to see a good musical and I will love you forever. Especially if its AIDA.

- Sitting by a camp fire on a summer or fall night with a sweatshirt, a little guitar music,  and some starbursts for roasting.

- Doing my hair and make up nice for an all day mall trip.

- Boating. You can take me wake boarding, or tubing, and I will enjoy myself, but I love just sitting on the boat with the wind in my hair, the sun on my skin and the water flying everywhere.

- Running barefoot through grass. The purpose for doing it doesn't matter: Soccer, Ultimate Frisbee, or no real purpose at all.









2 comments:

  1. AIDA. Let's go. Tomorrow or something. Also, I enjoy too many of these things as well for it to be a coincidence. We must be friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, yeah don't get the wrong idea about snuggling under those blankets, boys :)

    ReplyDelete