Hi fam!
Loved the letter as always!
Thanks for the list of areas mom and I loved all the pics dad! Keep them
coming. Sounds like it was a pretty fun week! Also what years did you
serve mom?
Well, this week wasn't all that
interesting. Just a normal week in the service of the Lord! Which in and
of itself is actually pretty exciting but I just never know what to say
about it. The weather is turning nice, but that means its back to using
a ton of bug spray and sleeping with the fan on! I'm hoping that when
summer hits I'll be in an apartment with air conditioning. We'll see.
We
are still struggling a bit to find investigators. It's gotten better,
but we still have lots to be doing. We are teaching this guy named
Norberto ( the one from the little store on the corner that I think I
might have mentioned last week?) and his friend that was a customer at
his store but that now comes for the lessons every time. He is really
awesome because he basically didn't believe in God when we started
teaching him and slowly he is starting to beleive. He has a million hard
questions though and we have had to get into some deep doctrine, but my
favorite part of this weeks lessons with him is that after we had
finished explaining the need for the atonement he just looked at me and
said, "Wow, you really have a way of speaking that just....touches your
emotions!" I was super excited because I knew it was was the spirit,
not me, and that if we can help him recognize the spirit, we can go
places. His deal right now is that he likes what we are saying, but he
doesn't beleive that there can really be ONE truth. He thinks we just
kind of grab on to what we like best and pick that as our truth but that
other people's truths aren't wrong. We have a good lesson planned to
help him with that one.
Also, we found another
miracle of an investigator, Juana, who happens to be another owner of a
kiosko ( like a little service store that they have on every corner to
stop and buy treats or little essential day to day things). She is from
Bolivia and we just walked into her store to buy a bottle of water one
hot day after we had contacted for hours without much success. She asked
what we were doing here in Argentina and we talked a little bit about
the church. She told us she had listen to the Elders years ago and she
would love it if we could start passing by again! Our first lesson with
her was fantastic and the spirit was so strong that I knew she is
someone that Heavenly Father sent us to and wants us to be working with.
However, her husband doesn't like when she listens to other religions
and basically if he is not on board, it isn't going to go anywhere. So
please pray for her and that her husbands heart can be softened! We had a
fast for that yesterday, but we could always use some extra prayers.
Love you all a ton!
Hermana Millett
No comments:
Post a Comment