Well I didn't take any new pictures this
week. Basically things are kind of crazy here with robberies and things,
so I almost never take my camera out. But I'll try to do better next
week about taking some. So you heard about what happened with President
from clear up in Utah? Haha, Nobody even told us until it went out in
the news and then we got a phone call from our leaders telling us that
President had been kidnapped the week before, but only for like an hour
and now he's ok. They basically only told us because we started having
members and investigators asking and we had to know what to tell them.
Sooo... we don't even know the story yet. But he's all good! It was
pretty funny to hear people say things like, "Are you girls Mormons? Did
you hear they kidnapped the head Mormon? I saw it in the news."
Well,
this week was a little tough. All our investigators just suddenly
changed their work schedules/moved/ or whatever so that they can't
listen to us anymore and everything I have used in the past to find new
people just isn't seeming to work! Its weird how it all just changed de
golpe (I think in English that's like, in one moment? all of the sudden?
not sure.) Even when we contact in the street the people are more
hesitant and mistrusting. Maybe its because we are two blue eyed blond
haired North Americans? No clue. Also, it rained just about every day
and I got sick. Its not the funnest to be soake and muddy every day, but
we learn from it and move on. Sooo... we are going to just have to get
more creative and use our tools (like the Book of Mormon) better and I'm
sure we will find some people soon. Its the first time in the mission
that we have literally had NO ONE to teach. So please pray for me and my
companion that we can find new investigators and learn what we need to
learn in the process.
Conference was
wonderful! I got to watch it in English!!!! Last time we didn't have
that opportunity and I was stuck with hearing the voice over with the
weird lisp from spain, but it was super fun! Even though we don't have
investigators, we have been working a lot to help our recent converts.
Silvia is having some rough times right now and was ready to leave the
church just one week after her baptism until we showed up to help her
understand the importance of the sacrement and using the church as a
tool to help cope with the hard times and not something we should push
away because we don't have time when things get hard. The coolest thing
about conference for me was not just receiving answers to my own
prayers, but hearing the answers to my converts prayers as well. I just
sat drinking it all in and every once and I while I would hear something
and think, "Oh! There was Nelida's answer! That one was for Silvia!" or
"That's what Vivi was praying to hear!" Its amazing how conference is a
built up compilation of the answers and needs of what EVERYONE in the
world needs to receive right now on a global AND individual basis. I
also loved the talk by Lynn G Robbins about which way we face, and Elder
Holland was great as usual. Elder Bednar's story was pretty funny and
very applicable to missionary work.
That's it
for the week! I'm hoping to have a better one next week, but not every
week can be sunshine and rainbows and I have been lucky enough to have
many miraculous weeks in my mission thus far.
Love,
Hermana Millett
No comments:
Post a Comment