Pages

Monday, September 15, 2014

Splits and Floods!

Well, I loved reading your letters as always! Everyone is looking big as always! And I have tons to say as always!

First of all, mom, I loved the comments about the talks on angels. My companion told me about an experience she had in her last area where a man came to rob them and put a gun in their face and then looked next to them as if there was someone standing there and said " OH! I'm sorry....uh...." and ran away. Sooo ya. Angels are always protecting us!

Well....to start off. Funny story of the week: Tuesday morning we had to get up early to get ready for a leadership meeting. Our alarm went off at six and my comp went to shower. I stayed in bed a few minutes because it wasn't six thirty yet. I could hear it was raining pretty hard outside and all the sudden I thought I heard the shower REALLY loud as if it were in the same room as I was in. I opened my eyes a little to see...A WATERFALL coming from the ceiling. Since we are still living with the girls in Madero and sleeping in their kitchen our suitcases were on the floor getting soaked. I jumped out of bed super quick and woke up Hna Sanchez and Hna Mickelson screaming, "The apartment is flooding!!!!!" Hna Sanchez looked at me funny and asked, "HOW? We live on the second floor?" And Hna Mickelson looked at me funny because she didn't understand my spanish and I couldn't think in English that early in the morning. Anyway, once we figured it out, we had a fun morning of mopping water off the balcony and drying things with hair dryers. With all the crazy stuff that has happened this transfer, nothing surprises me any more. 

Anyway, if ya'll were praying for me for my splits it totally worked! I was super nervous about how this sister was going to react with ANOTHER split with me after the last one, but I was amazed at how Heavenly Father helped me. I got there and found that she was very changed from our last division. She opened up to me about some things going on in her life and I just FELT Heavenly Father open my heart and mind to be able to understand what she is feeling and love her the way that He does. I learned that all she really needed was someone to show her how to be a real friend and to understand WHY she acts the way she does. I remember reading in a talk that Christ had the ability to see someone and separate the sin from the sinner. He knew what someone had done wrong, but also knew that that sin often came from an unmet need deep down inside someone and He knew how to condemn the sin without condemning the sinner. I feel like He just helped me to see how that all works for a moment and it was super special. I came away from that division much more humbled and amazed at the power and love our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have for us.

The other crazy experience from this week has to do with my old investigator Luis. I don't know if you remember that I mentioned him a couple of times. He is the husband of a recent convert that went to church and was progressing super well, but didn't want to put a specific date for baptism. I think I sent you a picture of him and his wife at the temple with us. Well we find out this week that he is in the hospital dying of liver cancer and has a week left to live. The news hit me pretty hard. He had been asking to see Hermana Sanchez and I before he goes because we are the closest things to daughters that he has had, but the hospital is out of our mission. President authorized a visit and so this week we will probably get to go see him. Please pray for him! I just hope he still recognizes us at this stage of the process. It is probably too late for him to be baptized and it kills me a little knowing that he has a testimony and was only missing the actual ordinance to be a member of the church, but we will see what we can do. If not, its so great that we can still do baptisms for the dead if it comes to that.

Anyway love you all!


HErmana Millett

Pictures:
1. Eating hotdogs napolitano style (with pizza sauce, ham, melted cheese and oregano. Mmmmm) 

2. We got locked out of are apartment.....again. (Don't mind the shiny face. Gotta love the camera flash.)

3. ONE YEAR

4. At the temple with Silvia! She gets baptized on SATURDAY!!! WOOOOHOO!






No comments:

Post a Comment