Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

A FREEZING July!

Hello everyone! Hope you all had a great week. I loved the photos and the fun stories about what is going on with everyone. Alex. Love the 4th of July pants. Thats sooo..... Alex.

AHH! Trek is the best. You are all going to love it. Maybe not in the moment, but afterwards its the greatest. I get where you're coming from when you talk about the importance of not getting comfortable mom. That's the biggest challenge of this mission as well because if you are comfortable, you are not relying on the Lord as much as you need to, but relying on your own strengths. Heavenly Father always has to remind us not to be comfortable! Also the part of the hard physical stuff. I always knew that a mission was going to be hard, but for some reason I didn't think it would be so hard physically. Its not too hard to be obedient, or to teach about the gospel, but sometimes its hard when its so cold outside your back muscles are sore in the morning from shivering the day before. It doesn't matter how many warm clothes you put on, the humid cold still gets you. Lets just say, I have worn the same fleece leggings and thick pink hiker socks for three days in a row and I look forward to snuggling up in my 0 degree super camping sleeping bag every night. My comp was here last winter and she said that July is the coldest wet month, and then august through early september is even colder because of the wind. She said the wind is so cold that it starts breaking the skin on your face. Yikes. We'll see.

So...a couple of fun announcements. We have a new mission president! I'll talk about the leadership meeting we had in a sec, but because Argentina has now made it to the finals of the world soccer cup for the first time in twenty four years, we get to watch the next game with the members on Wednesday! Woohoo! Well that is, if we make the decision to cut our P-day short today. I think my comp might want to sleep, we will see what we decide. I heard the U.S. was doing pretty good. Are we still in the running, or did we already lose? Also, don't be too shocked if one of these Mondays in the future, I don't write during the same schedule or something like that. I recently heard that for visa stuff, I will be going to Uruguay for a couple of days. They don't know when, but that's going to be happening soon, sooo we will see. I also thought you would think it was funny that for a couple of days that President was doing the last transfers, he had me and the other sister Millet as companions as sister training leaders in campo. That would have been super funny and confusing for everyone. Good thing the Lord had other plans!

Anyway, this week was a little tough. We had a bajillion meetings and extra planning sessions because of the world cup and other things to do that we didn't have a lot of time to work in our area. I calculated that in an average week, we get in 51 hours of work in our area. This week, my comp and I had 28. Interestingly, as far as our numbers go, we accomplished the same amount of work. Although the numbers aren't the measure of our success, they always help us to find our balance in the work and see our strengths and weaknesses so that we can be sure we are doing the work in the Lord's way and not in our own way. It was amazing to see how when we put everything into our sisters in the zone and our calling, the Lord takes care of our area. There were times when we only had half an hour to go out and work and although it would have been easy to just do something else for half an hour, we knocked on a door and found a family of five the first shot. My companion and I left that lesson thinking, "did that really just happen..." Miracles Exist!

On Wednesday we had a leadership meeting with the new president! All the sister training leaders bought those thread bracelets that we found everywhere in Mexico and attached a note to them to give Sister Robertson and the Elders wrote something on the back of a tie to give to president. We all went up and gave them our gifts and I got an awesome picture of the Hermana with a million bracelets on her arm and President with a million ties on his shoulders. He kind of looked like the pope. Let me just say...we have another AWESOME president. I am SO excited to be working with him and his family. They have seven kids and the youngest four are here with them. (The ages of spencer, Alex and Becca with one on the mission who will arrive next month. I sat next to Sister Robertson during our lunch break and we got talking. She said she wants to do splits with all the Hermanas and she wants us to teach her how to be a missionary. I also asked her about the blog. She said that it is against mission rules to have a mission blog, but she will be making a blog for her family that will be open to the public. That is basically what Sister Carter did as well. She said, "the only problem is, I don't really know how to get a blog started or how to use one." I assured her that I had plenty of experience and I could help her out if she wanted. We'll see how that works out.  I am just so excited to get out to my area and work myself to death every day! There is so much to do every day. So many miracles to see, so many lives to change, so much I can be improving in myself and my work and I love being a missionary every day!

Love,
Hermana Millett

P.S. I lost my card reader.....and maybe my memory card too. Please be saving my pictures on your end! I'm going to try to recover it, but for this week, no pictures.


This is President Roger's grandkids watching the World Cup.  He is our old Stake President who is a mission president in Argentina.  The World Cup has been a big deal in Argentina this last month.

This is the new mission president and his family arrive.  The Robertsons

The Carters and the Robertsons meet for a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment