Pages

Monday, April 21, 2014

President Came to Campo!!

Yay! Loved the photos of everything. Lucky you Kyrst! I've always wanted a day just to be a tourist in Junin for a day. There is a lake here in Junin that everyone talks about. We were going to go today but it rained so....maybe next week! There was also a really cool flea market in the plaza yesterday but its only every once in a while on Sundays so we can never actually go and enjoy it. We did some contacts there yesterday just so I could see what they had.  I haven't worn jeans for my whole mission. Presidents rule is that we can only wear jeans inside the apartment on pday or when we have a sports activity or service project that we can only do in jean, which is never.
Soooo.....President came to campo! There should be pics on the blog. He called us the night before and said, "I'm going to be in Junin tomorrow. The six of you need to be at the usual restaurant at noon. If your late, you don't eat with me. See you tomorrow!" and hung up. That's president for you. Full of surprises! It was delicious. He also took us out to ice cream afterwards and we had interviews so that was a fun little break. Good news, I will get to go to the mission offices on May ninth after four and a half months of not leaving campo. We are having a conference especially for the sisters and even campo is invited so I will probably get the package then! Woo hoo!

I'm buying a sleeping bag today. The Corteses gave us some extra blankets to use for the winter but according to everyone else, no number of blankets will keep you warm in a heatless apartment during an Argentine winter. Not excited, but still loving the mission! 

Easter was pretty great! Here everyone makes gorgeous chocolate eggs ( I sent a picture of one of them) that have little colorful candies inside. The members put little papers with easter scriptures inside too. I had one that was even prettier with colorful frosting flowers, but it fell apart in the basket of my bike before I could get to the apartment to take a picture. I was shocked that easter was a bigger deal here than Christmas. Christmas here was just an excuse for eveyone to go out and party all night and get drunk. No decorations, nothing. At least they did the easter egg thing. Lame holidays! Also, most of the people didn't even know the real reasons behind easter. It was so awesome to run around and yell "Feliz Pasqua!" all day and see peoples faces brighten up. Then we got to explain the real reasons and invite them to church. We didn't sing easter hymns in church either, but I made sure that we sang them the rest of the day to everybody that we met!

Nothing else too interesting. I will say I have never seen the influence of Satan on people so much until I came to Junin. There is a whole lot of wickedness in the world, but it makes it pretty easy when we find people to help them to understand why they need the gospel. There are so many good people that are watching the world deteriorate before their eyes and have no clue what to do. Its so wonderful when we can show them how as the world gets worse and worse, the church and the good gets stronger and stronger!  I love the scriptures and studying. I love my mission. I love my life! 

Hermana Millett


P.S. I saw a picture of a bunch of returned missionaries from my mission that are at BYU having a mini mission reunion. I was like, "WOAH! There IS life after the mission!" It just seems so weird to me that I had a different life before the mission and that this isn't going to last forever. Excited to talk to you all in May! See you soon!

Bars on everything so we went get robbed again.

Special Argentine Easter Eggs

Below are the pictures on the mission blog, when he went clear out to the Campo "Junin"

Junin Campo Missionaries

No comments:

Post a Comment