Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

Splits and a Zone Conference

Ok, first to answer questions and ask a few myself. Katie, are you learning spanish? And if so, is it just because you want to or is it an assignment? Also, the weather is starting to get a little chilly. Its fall now, and everyone says it will start getting cold late april or early may and June is when it is REAL winter. I think I have enough sweaters, but we will see. I heard a rumor that I will need a sleeping bag if I want to survive in the winter. I'm going to see how it goes seeing as this rumor came from someone from central america who basically has never lived a real winter in their life, but if its true, I will let you know to put the money in my  account so I can buy one. My Dansko shoes are in good shape. I finally bought shoe polish and a brush and stuff and after a good polish, they look like brand new and feel like it too. My cute non-tracting shoes are destroyed. I will have to buy a new pair in april. 
Kyrst, I think Ecco is called Malta here. Or the Uruguayans call it Cebada, but I think its the same. Its my new favorite thing. 

Also mom, how weird that I wasn't in any pictures! (She really was they just posted them later) President came to Campo and we took lots of pictures but I guess I didn't make it in any of them. And names of investigators. Sandra and her family (Nacho and Evelyn) who are going to baptized this weekend! Pray for them and especially for Nacho who didn't come to church and by some miracle we want him to be ready to be baptized with the rest of his family. And then Yanet, Camila, and Valentina that we can get permission from their parents for them to be baptized as well. 

So this week...
The two interesting things would be that we had splits with the sister training leaders. My companion went to the their apartment (two blocks away from ours) and Hermana Godoy came to our area with me. I got my first taste of being completely in charge of the area and it was great! Definitely, more stressful when I have to make all the big decisions, but I learned a lot about how to rely on the spirit. We were praying a lot to find a family one night, and the next morning I had a feeling to skip our confirmed appointment and go contact. I was stressing out a little inside because I was with the STL and I didn't want to sacrifice an appointment to go knock doors in front of her, but I decided the spirit is the spirit so we went to contact. I looked at the map and felt like we should contact one street in particular. We knocked a couple of doors and then I had the thought to cross the street and knock on a specific door. Well as you can imagine there was a family of eight inside who listened to us and accepted baptismal dates! We will be working with them and I'll let you know how things go, but it was a good lesson for me to learn a little about how the spirit feels and how it really can just be little impressions. 

Zone conferences with president were great. We learned a lot about how to teach more effectively help our investigators to progress using lots of inspirited questions. It was fabulous. The biggest announcement was that when we had interviews with president last week, he told my comp that she could ask for a reassignment so that this mission can be her mission and then she won't have to worry about getting her visa and leaving to Venezuela. During the meeting, he pulled her up in front of everyone and said, "I talked with an apostle of the Lord and he told me that this will always be your mission." I was crying, and she was crying, and it was just great all around. So my comp gets to stay in Argentina and we will finish our mission together! Yay!

Anyway, out of time! 

Love you lots and I look forward to hearing more next week!
Hermana Millett


Explanation of Pictures:
Some come from the mission blog.  Where the mission president and his wife did a zone conf out in the campo.  Mal is holding her little birthday gift from them. 

So the first one is me making Torta Frita! Its a big tradition here that whenever it rains everyone makes torta frita. (Basically a fried tortilla made from scratch) I asked my comp how to make it and she looked at me like I was crazy. ( I get that look a lot from her... haha.) Apparently its like toast here. Every kid eight years and up can make it. But she taught me and its super easy! (You don't have to put this pic on the blog if you don't want because I am in my PJs)
The other one is a picture of my Agenda. I made laminated covers to keep it nice!

So I thought I'd include a picture of a Cucaracha (cockroach). Its not the greatest because their is nothing in the picture that you can compare its size to, but I'm too afraid to a take a picture until their dead and this was my only opportunity.
The other is of me and Hermana Godoy! We had splits with the sister training leaders (who live in Junin with us and we see them all the time). She is from Honduras and we arrived here together.










No comments:

Post a Comment