Pages

Monday, March 3, 2014

Ha Ha Not Transferred!

Hahaha...soooo after all the stress and the tears and the heartbreak,......we didn't have any changes!!! When we heard the news we were screaming and hugging and on top of the world for the whole day. We were on our way to buy icecream to celebrate the no transfers (and the fact that we actually made a budget that worked so I had money to buy icecream) when both of our bikes got flat tires in the same moment. We had to use the money to pay for bike repairs, but we are going to buy ice cream today!
So to react to all the wonderful letters (Seriously, I just sit at the computer and smile from ear to ear ever P-day because I love reading everything) KATIES A MISSIONARY!! I love hearing about your first days in the mish! You are living in the mission of 'the district'. I'm sure you hear that all the time, but thats way cool. I'm more than a little jealous of your car and gym, and nice apartment and member meals, but the mish is the mish! At least I don't have to worry about gaining weight ever (Yay eight hours of biking every day!). 

Congrats about DECA spence!!! And happy birthday Mary! Kyrst, can you read the highly effective missionary book in your free time ever? That made a huge difference in getting me excited and helping me to find creative ways to work. Hahaha. I also have those moments when I get out of a lesson or finish a conversation and I think, "Woah!! I speak spanish! I understand what people are saying and its not english!!!" We are going to have a blast speaking all the time when we get home. hehe

WAY TO GO JULAYNE! FRONT PAGE OF NEW YORK TIMES!!! 

Buisness: So the Birthday packages haven't arrived yet.... don't know exactly when you sent them, but I'm waiting patiently.Also Dad, I would love it if you could email me the EFY medly music that you sent to Kyrst. I have been trying to figure it out by ear but it just isn't the same. 

Anyway, not to much exciting happened this week. I got sick. The weather got cold all the sudden. Well, not cold, but I have to bring a cardigan for the mornings and at night when the sun goes down. So naturally, I got a crazy cough and a fever, but all is well now! Hermana Cortes called a couple times to see how I was during the week and her husband brought me honey from Mendoza because apparently that helps with a cough. They are the greatest! I just can't help but think of the talk that Katie and I listened to in the MTC about the Character of Christ. Hermana Cortes had broncitis and is on bed rest for her pregnancy and she was calling ME to see how I was. Love them!

Because I don't have any big spiritual stories to tell this week I thought I'd share just some random funny stuff. Mostly, we have seen an increase in creepy men and cute little girls this week. Not together, but still weird. We were walking an investigator home from church yesterday and a man passed by and said, "Gorgeous! Gorgeous! What pretty eyes! What pretty hair!" I just ignored it and kept walking because I'm soo used to that by now, but our little eleven year old investigator was staring at me in shock! I just had to laugh. That is so normal now. Also in the grocery store today this random man stopped us to talk about something. He went on and on about random crazy stuff that I didn't understand but I could tell by the way my companion was trying to hold back laughter that he was pretty crazy. He then put his face about an inch away from mine and said, "Be careful where you walk. You are going to start a war with those eyes." My companion grabbed my arm and said, " We have to go now. Nice to meet you!" And we ran to the next aisle to laugh about it. 

Also, all of the sudden the cutest little girls are stopping to say hi to us everywhere we go! I think its because I'm blonde, but its so cute! We passed by a group of girls who were probably about eight years old. We could hear them talking behind us and saying, "Woah look at those girls! Look at her hair! Lets go say hi to them! No, you go say hi to them! Do you think they'll talk to us? I think they're from a church." It makes up for all the creepy men to have all the little girls in Junin thinking that I'm a princess. 

Anyway, out of time! Love you lots! The more I am here, the more I realize this is a family mission!

Mom, would you let me know a little about transfers? Here's the list: Hermana Coelho, Hermana Figeroa, Hermana Vicentes, Elder VanLiew, Elder Gallegos, Hermana Cordova, and Hermana Tapia. Thanks!


Hermana Millett

Explanation of Pictures:
We went to say goodbye to the Cortes family. (Our favorite members in the WORLD). There were a lot of tears. And then....we didn't get transfered! Hermana Cortes is on bed rest for a complicated  pregnancy. She has been on bedrest since week two of her pregnancy and has to keep doing it for the whole nine months. She is such a social and giving person that its killing her a litte, but we always stop by to visit or call! Their daughter is adorable and loves anything princess. She is wearing her moms scarf as rapunzel hair. She calls me hermana Meleet and the last time we visited she came up to me and started running her hands through my hair. "Woah! Look at this hair!"

I got so sick of never having time to do laundry. Seriously it takes forever to do laundry here! I literally was spending hours of my pday sitting on our front patio with a bucket of hot soapy water and the hose just scrubbing away! The other Hermanas always have time to sleep on pdays. When I asked how in the world they have time they told us that they take their laundry to a cheap professional laundry place. This is me walking out the door with fifteen pounds or more of laundry ready to make the ten block walk to the laundry place because it is sooo worth it!



No comments:

Post a Comment