Business: Dad, I am taking out some money that I spent on
the ice cream today. Also, I think I'm going to try to find some cheap
ipod speakers. I've been dying without music three months and I don't
know why I didn't think of that before, but just look out for that. It
will be coming out of the bank account today.
I don't have a ton of time to write because I sent
soo many pictures. But this week....... BAPTISM! Seriously this was one
of the most beautiful and spiritual baptisms I have had in my mission.
Sandra is such a trouper and she has no doubt in her mind that she will
one day get to live with her husband again. A couple of really special
moments that I wanted to share.
1. This weekend all of the missionaries in Junin
baptized! Sandra was the first to be baptized and when she entered the
font and Elder Wells started the prayer, everything was quiet and there
was a VERY strong spirit. I just watched her for a moment and couldn't
help but think, she is SO BEAUTIFUL. But really. She was just radiant. I
couldn't help but think of everything she has gone through. When she
was newly married with two small kids, she almost died when she had to
go through 5 bypass heart surgeries. The doctors wanted to give up on
her, but her husband told them that he wasn't going to accept the fact
that she was going to die and so they had to try again. Miraculously,
she survived and was able to have her third child. Two years later, her
husband was killed in a Motorcycle accident and she has been struggling
ever since to provide for a family of four by herself. Ever since we
starting teaching her, she just started changing! It is my favorite
thing in the mission to see when a new light enters into someone's eyes.
I saw that with Sandra. I love this woman and her kids so much and she
is already preparing for the temple!
2. Second experience, the day of the baptism, we
stopped by her house a little later in the day to talk about how
everything went. Sometimes, we stop by the house of our recent convert
Silvia to have a lesson with a member because it always helps when the
investigators have a friend in the church. When we passed by her house,
her husband said that she had gone shopping, so we left straight to
Sandra's house. When we got to the house, Sandra wasn't there either,
but when we called her, she said she was on her way and we decided to
wait. As we were waiting we watched as Sandra and Silvia turned the
corner and started toward the house together! Silvia had decided to stop
by the house to visit Sandra and congratulate her on her baptism. It
may seem like nothing, but that moment to me was something so powerful.
To see one of my converts taking care of another one. It just
represented all that has happened in Junin for me. Junin has changed me.
I couldn't be more happy.
Anyway got to go!
Hermana Millett
Explanation of pictures:
-Argentina is changing my hair color!! Look at this!
-The baptism of Sandra and Evelyn. Nacho the 14 year old will be baptized next week
-Dad, I went and got ice cream! Thanks! (Mallory wrote in a previous letter that they had saved up to go get icecream for the month and then something happened and they couldn't get it. Mal's been trying not to spend any extra money. Her dad wrote her a letter and told her to buy ice cream every week for she and her comp)
- Lunch with family Olguin today! They live out by the lake. We had typical pizza and empanadas, but this time we sat outside under the trees. So GORGEOUS!
-A Picture of the Campos






No comments:
Post a Comment