Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Beginning




Its true! We landed in Rochester, New York early this morning and have since traveled to the little city of Palmyra where we will be living for the next month. I still can't believe this is real. I stare at the tree lines (yes tree lines, no mountains) and the foggy skies and I can't even believe that I'm actually walking down the same streets with some of the same buildings as the early church members. 

We visited the actual Hill Cumorah as well as the visitors center that had a display of the Book of Mormon in EVERY language. Of course Kyrst had to have a picture of the Maori copy and of course when I told Alex to move because his shoulder was in the pic, he had to photo bomb it with his brother. Ah well. They're cute.

For now, we are enjoying the small town life. Eating at family diners, sleeping away the jet lag, and exploring the neighboring towns. Just seeing the hill and its massive stage gave me butterflys in my stomach. This is real. Casting starts Friday and I couldn't be more excited!!


 
 

1 comment: