Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

Man Categories

This just got real. If you know me, you better get to know this scale because I will use it in all future dating stories for clarification.

My apartment has come to the conclusion that all men, especially those at BYU, can fall into what we like to call the five categories of attractiveness. Each category has its own qualifications and four of the categories equal positive attractiveness. Let the superficial rating begin!!

Category 1:: Meh - This category is reserved for the sweet spirits of the world. The friend zoned, the "oh honey's" and often, the marrieds. Very few marrieds can rate above meh, because, well, they are married and therefore, off limits. Ring check anyone?

Category 2:: Cute - The level of Cute is divided into subsections.
 Subsection 1:: "Brotherly" Cute. This level is for the boy who exceeds meh, but doesn't tingle your 'attractive boy senses.' You wouldn't pick him out of crowd, or whisper to your roommates in passing, but he has potential for some other girl out there. Often the 'a little too short' or the 'boyish faces' fall into this category.
Subsection 2:: Attraction Cute. This level tingles those attractive boy senses. For the first time, crushes have the potential of falling into this category. These boys are the 'good guys', the 'awesome personalities' and the realistic. Fortunately, boys on this level have the potential to move up the more you get to know them.

Category 3:: Handsome - Some descriptive words for this category: Suave, gentlemanly, classy, subtle, and friendly. These boys are top, notch, a step above the rest, and must have an attractive depth in personality. They represent the ultimate catch: personality AND attractiveness at a realistic level. Most mormon girls shoot for handsome.

Category 4:: Hot - These boys are the obviously attractive. The ones you don't dare go after, because you know they know they are attractive and they only date on their level. These are the tools, the rich boys, and the movie stars of the world. Boys in this category are usually missing a certain element of personality and are often not worth wasting your time on, but are extremely attractive at the same time.

Category 5:: Sexy - The ultimate level of attractiveness. These are the deep voiced, the muscular, and the mysterious. To reach the level of Sexy, personality must still be present. I only know of one who fits into this category, and his name shall remain unmentioned until he is proven worthy of this title.

And now....my roommates and I just rated every boy in the ward on this scale. I know, we are awful superficial people who need to find a new hobby, but you can't deny that you did the same thing to all the boys you know as you read this post.

You're Welcome.

6 comments:

  1. Ha ha Mal! What about the smoken HOT category the one my husband is in. Hey and remember the prayer theory I told you about when you were here last month? Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAHAHAHAHA...I can't believe I missed this! SO FUNNY. Too bad Tori wasn't there to predict our marriages while you were at it (;

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my most favorite post you've ever written. I love it. And hey! i pulled out those predictions the other day and died!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha I love this. Also, I think that possibly, maybe, the boy I like is in the sexy category and I'm proud of that. He might just be handsome to other people, though, so I'm not sure.

    BUT THIS IS AWESOME. I love your scaling categories. I wanna hear you guys discussing this live.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha. this is great. me and my roommates do a ward directory "draft" where we go around and pick one guy per turn to be on our "dream team."
    thanks for leaving me a great question.
    and that dude from Once Upon a Time probably fits in your "sexy" category, right?
    also, i think we have the same birthday.

    ReplyDelete