Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I Love

I LOVE BYU. I just can't get enough of it. Everything feels so right and I am just so happy where I am. We (me included) spend a lot of our lives waiting for the next party, the next holiday, the next whatever seems better than now instead of finding what makes us happy every moment of every day. Lately I have chosen to let the little joys of every day make me feel like I am on top of the world.

Some particular "I Loves":

- I love blasting my music and dancing in the hallway after my roommates have left for school in the mornings.

- I love walking up the spiral staircase in the JFSB knowing that I am about to receive guidance and strength for the rest of my day.

- I love sitting in classes where I can apply the lessons to my every day life

- I love being our FHE mom

- I love our nightly prayers and hugs ritual before bed

- I love laughing at my domestic failures and success as I try to do better at this living on my own thing.

- I love the little thrill that comes when a boring class is over

- I love putting down my loaded backpack to stand tall and straight in women's chorus every day.  

- I love hearing my favorite hymns on the bell tower

- I love steadily moving forward and improving myself in all areas.

- I love attending a school where we get to hear from general authorities on almost a weekly basis

- I love coming up with new ways to serve others

- I love making new acquaintances and friendships

- I love seeing a familiar face on campus

- I love getting to spend every day with real people who have real problems and real joys and emotions.

Right now, I am loving life and all it has to offer.


No comments:

Post a Comment