Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Here's to Health

I have some strange stomach problems. As Adrienne Monk would say, "it's a blessing and a curse." I acutely feel every piece of processed, sugary, or fatty food I put into my body. It helps me to say no to an extra cookie or slice of greasy pizza every once in a while, but mostly it just hurts.

 I have gotten used to being somewhat nauseous all the time, but I have recently realized the way I eat, and by extension feel, effects my school work and my spiritual self.

So here's to taking better care of myself from now on. Here's to more fruits and vegetables and less processed junk. Here's to more water, and less soda. Here's to a clearer mind and a stronger body.

My visiting teachers seem to be on the same brain wave. They brought me some delicious looking strawberries today. Thanks ladies!



If you have ANY quick tasty recipes that are pretty good for you, let me know. I need your advice.

2 comments:

  1. Green smoothies. I hate spinach, but love these. They are fast, easy, and keep you full for a good amount of time!
    2 handfuls of spinach
    1 banana
    Frozen fruit. I usually do strawberries or mixed berries. You can do however much of these you want.
    And a cup of water.
    Blend it all up and voila something healthy and delicious.

    Also you can add a scoop of peanut butter if you want to get some protein in, and it keeps you full for longer.
    Try it! I don't think you'll be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the strawberries were good! Sorry I wasn't able to come and deliver them to you! I left on vacation for my family's spring break today.

    ReplyDelete