I need to introduce you to someone. She's a lot like me, except a little more responsible and energetic about some issues. She likes to tell me what to do and I usually follow her instructions, but sometimes she gets just a tad annoying.....because she is always right. She can take on my mom's voice pretty easily and likes to use my name whenever she talks so that I am sure to listen to what she has to say. No one has ever seen her, including myself, but I'd imagine she looks just like me. Mostly, because she IS me, my conscience anyway. At least, that's what most people would refer to her as. She seems more like a built in mother to me, not that is a bad thing. Its great. It keeps me responsible.
Lately, she has been a little more emphatic and ever present than usual. She likes to yell things like, "Mallory! This is your chance! Go sit by him!", or "Mallory, you know if you buy a drink with your meal you won't have enough money for lunch on Friday. Just think of that on occasion." or, "All right Mallory, you're going to have to make this the fastest shower ever in order to be ready on time!" I'm sure I will be frequently quoting her comments on this blog. Lets call her 'built-in-mother'. Yes. I like that name.
I'm beginning to get weirded out. Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this to themselves? I probably am alone on this one. Ah well. Welcome to my life.

No comments:
Post a Comment