So I spend a lot of time in the Cougar Eat. I have a crazy schedule and I have to stop and grab a snack between classes at least three times a week. I don't allow myself do homework during this time because I usually only have a half an hour and my brain needs the small break in learning. Instead, I have filled my time with people watching, (or person watching every once in a while) and I have learned a lot of lessons from my small table on the terrace. Here are a few of them.
1. I have come to appreciate wedding rings. Many times I look up from this here laptop and see a cute boy sitting at a nearby table. My first instinct is to look for the ring... and I usually find one. Darn.
2. Sometimes, an over friendly employee at the ice cream place calls you and every other girl in line, (including those older women who are probably professors) names like sugar, honey, and an endless assortment of pet names while strategically placing plastic spoons in your ice cream to form some odd design. Weird, I know.
3. There is a whole different style of etiquette in the cougar eat. Strangers sit at your table and pretend you don't exist. Having your laptop open makes you look busy and sophisticated while reading a book makes you look anti social.
4. Four words. Subway. Chocolate. Chip. Cookies. Sooooo good.
5. It is impossible to look attractive when you eat. If you try to choose something somewhat healthy looking, lets say a wrap for example, it falls apart in your hands when you are only half way through it and squirts sauce all over the table. They sure do taste good though.
6. You alway's see someone you know on the days you didn't have time to get ready, and on the days that you do have time, they never show up.
all of these. sooo true.
ReplyDelete