Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Not Studying

Hey everyone! I know its been a while, ok a REALLY long while, but I'm back and hopefully its for good. No I didn't go anywhere, I just.....forgot I had a blog again. Someone should seriously remind of these things sometimes.  I think I'll make that Shaundra's job. I really like blogging, I promise, and I especially like reading all ya'lls blogs (yes I have texan roommates) so I plan on staying in the blogging world. Today is the second and second to last day of finals for me.  I know, funny time to start blogging again, you'd think it would be the opposite. But yesterday, I was thinking of the fast approaching Christmas break and the complete freedom from homework that comes with that and I was imagining what I will be doing when it finally comes.  Partying with friends and watching TV are obviously on my list, but I really really miss reading books for fun. I started thinking aloud of all the books I would read and I was disappointed that my roommate Tori had never even heard of most of my favorite series! So, just for the sake of listing it, here are my most favorite books and series on the planet. If you have some of your own, feel free to comment. I would love your suggestions.

1. HARRY POTTER  forever and always. Call me a nerd, I will gladly accept the term for the sake of the  wizarding world and Snape ( my favorite character of all time).

2. Tennis Shoes among the Nephites series - love love love. You should all read them. Especially before the last one comes out sometime soon.

3. Children of the Promise  series - If you like LDS fiction and reading about WWII this is a must read. PS you WILL cry in book two.

4. Work and The Glory series/ Fire of The Covenant - If you are going on a church history tour any time soon. PLEASE read these. You will love them forever more. Fire of the Covenant is about the Martin/Willie handcart company and Work and the Glory covers most of early church history.

5.  Pendragon series - a little different from the last three I just mentioned, but you won't be able to put it down. So suspenseful and well written.

6. HUNGER GAMES - umm ya. 12 am March 23rd. I will be there. Thats all I have to say.

7.  Serpent Tide series - LDS writer, but the book isn't LDS fiction. Cute story. (PS if you have the sequels Widow's Revenge and Diamond Back Cave I would love to borrow them. I don't know where my copies went.)

8.  Peter and the Star Catchers series - Ever wondered how peter pan can fly or how neverland came to exist?

9. Eragon  -  I actually haven't finished this series, but I loved the first two!

and finally

10. Inkheart - I love getting lost in the new worlds a book creates. This story is about just that.

Well there ya are. Hope you liked it. I promise I'll be back soon.

~Mal

3 comments:

  1. this most made my day!! boo yeah Mallory is back! Oh and I love Children of the Promise thank you Mrs. Eisenhart hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the "Matched" series. It's a pretty quick read and interesting too.

    Also, some of my all time favorite books are the Keane-Morrison series by Anita Stansfield. If it helps, the first one is called "Timeless Waltz". SUCH a good story :)

    I also enjoy the first three books of "Maximum Ride" by James Patterson. After that they're just stupid.

    If I think of any more, I'll be sure to tell you, but that's all I can think of righ toff the top of my head!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woo for savanna for loving anita stansfield! favorites of hers are gables faces east/gables against the sky, towers of brierly, and the barrignton family saga.

    and yes, i will make sure you blog. haha :)

    oh, and you MUST read the goose girl series.

    ReplyDelete