
So I told my cousins that I would frequently post my Cedar City countdowns on my blog, but I didn't want to drive all you non relative readers insane, so I've kept it minimal. 16 days!!!! I was going to use this post to introduce you to all the girls, but I am having technical difficulties (again) with the pictures so I decided to write about some specific fun memories
1. Every year we play elevator tag which consists of racing to the elevator before everyone else gets there so you can leave people behind. Don't ask me why it is so fun, or why it is called tag, but it is. One year I was unfortunate enough to get left behind and I had to wait for the elevator to come back and get me. On my way out of the elevator, a women with a young baby walked into it. The doors closed, but the elevator didn't move. Our constant use of it had caused it to break. I was so embarrassed and I had to go find the hotel manager to get her out.
2. Another fact about Cedar City is that we spend a lot of time getting ready for everything and there is always music playing. One time Katie and I finished before everyone else and we were dancing around the room to the song Halo. I was wearing a not-very-flexible jean skirt but despite that fact, I attempted to leap from one of the beds to another. My skirt ripped down the middle and I landed between the two beds laughing.
3. We sing Lion King in the hot tub. Nuff said
4. My first year, we were out shopping and a bad storm hit. The power went out everywhere and we went shopping in the dark. Fun times.
5. Sammy has an "I'm ordering my food and trying to be polite" voice and one year she tried to order Queso and said "Quayso" instead of the proper "Kayso". It was funny because she was trying to sound smart and professional and she epically failed.
6. Our moms like to tell us stories about when they were teenagers in Cedar City and they used to sneak out of their hotel rooms to go swimming at hours after midnight. One time we tried it. We got kicked out after ten minutes.
7. We used to Stop at the Macaroni Grill in Provo on our way home from Cedar City. One year when I was probably ten years old we decided it would be funny to answer every question we were asked with "nuh uh, nuh uh, no way". We thought we were so hilarious until the waiter asked us if we wanted any dessert.
Well thats all for now. One more post coming before the final event!
No comments:
Post a Comment